- 1 Introduction
- 2 1. Petzl, Actik
- 3 Features:
- 4 2. Petzl – Tactikka+ Rgb Headlamp
- 5 Features:
- 6 3. Kucoal Led Rechargeable Headlamp
- 7 Features:
- 8 4. Headlamp Rechargeable, Lnl 1100 Lumen
- 9 Features:
- 10 5. Farride Rechargeable Headlamp
- 11 Features:
- 12 Buyers Guide To Buying Best Headlamp For Reading 2021
- 13 Weight
- 14 USB / Battery Power
- 15 Beam Strength
- 16 Brightness Adjustment
- 17 Kid-Friendly
- 18 Manufacturer
- 19 Durability
- 20 Conclusion
- 21 FAQ’s
- 22 How bright Should my Headlamp be, put minimum stress on the eyes?
- 23 Why do some headlamps have red color lights?
- 24 Generally, what are the Modes available in these headlamps?
Are you one of those people, who love to read paperback novels in a tent, or under the blankets ? or perhaps under the night sky? If yes, then you must be looking for a good light source to shine upon your pages, and what is better than a good headlamp!
So worry no more, the best reading headlamps of 2021 are going to be listed below, with their features and a Buyers Guide. The list will certainly help you decide on the best lamp to buy for reading, whether inside a tent or under the blankets.
1. Petzl, Actik
The First lamp that made it to this list is the Petzl, Actik Headlamp. It is a high-performance, dynamic lamp which is suitable for indoor as well as outdoor activities. From reading to trekking, hiking, running almost anywhere you require a headlamp, it proves useful.
Weighing just about 86 gm, it is comfortable for your head and avoids any pain or pressure. Above all, it is weather-resistant so use it anywhere you like!
This High-performance, durable lamp is a success due to its 2 beam patterns, 3 different brightness levels according to the amount of light needed, and its battery life is up to 120 hours.
Its luminosity can reach up to 350 lumens and there is a Red-light mode as well for reduced stress.
Furthermore, it has a self-locking function which helps the user to minimize battery wastage, in case not in use.
- It has 3 AAA Batteries for long-lasting battery life.
- Laced with the latest HYBRID design concept, it recharges completely in just 3 hours.
- It is easy to use, as the buttons are easily maneuvered.
- It is also easy to clean the detachable headband and wash it.
- The Headband is well equipped for nighttime visibility.
Above all, the company is an established one with High-quality products and they provide a 5-year Guarantee on the product. So, if you are looking for an all-in-one activity purpose lamp, then go for it!
2. Petzl – Tactikka+ Rgb Headlamp
The second lamp on this list is quite similar to the first lamp with one or two added features. Petzl-Tactikka + Rgb Headlamp is a HYBRID Headlamp. It has three standard batteries and one CORE rechargeable battery.
This lamp has several lighting modes which can be changed and used according to the situation. The colors might vary between Blue, Green, Red, White, etc. It also has a special feature of Lighting Versatility, that is the proximity lighting and focused lighting bath can be used according to movement.
It is a great choice for comfortably lying under a blanket and reading your book or perhaps inside a tent maybe.
- It has a good battery life which can burn up to 260 hours.
- The Headband is compatible with the CORE rechargeable batteries and this headlamp comes with 3 standard batteries as well.
- There are several lighting modes available in this which adapt according to the situation, for darkness and low range there is white light, for night vision there is Red and similarly Blue and White also.
- Another special feature is the versatility of the lighting. You can use the focused lighting as well as the proximity lighting as and when required.
- Good durable battery life.
- Elastic Headband for reduced effect on the head.
- Altogether it’s a good choice to go for.
3. Kucoal Led Rechargeable Headlamp
The next lamp on this list is the Kucoal LED rechargeable lamp which is also packed with an array of features. This reading lamp has made it on our list due to its awesome battery life and Optimal brightness.
There are two different Light Modes and an SOS mode in the white light. For the Red light, there is a single-mode which is good for nighttime excursions in the jungle.
- There is a Long Press Function for switching on and off with a 3 seconds timer for ease of usage.
- This Headlamp has a proper Motion Sensor system, to track the steps and movements of the user.
- It has 8 different Light Modes.
- A durable, long-lasting battery that is 1200 MAH and rechargeable as well.
- It can run for 10 hours with white light, 25 hours with bright light, and 30 hours with Red light.
- This Headlamp is Water-Proof with an IPX4 rating and it is weather-resistant as well.
- Weighing merely 52 gm, it is pretty lightweight and burden-free and reduces strain and stress on the eyes.
- It is highly portable and durable, made with a good Quality Elastic.
Thus all together it is a perfect choice at a good Budget-friendly price.
4. Headlamp Rechargeable, Lnl 1100 Lumen
This rechargeable, sophisticated headlamp is on our list because of its awesome features and affordable cost. It is a great choice for every situation from reading to trekking and cycling as well.
It is lightweight and Durable with an adjustable headband, for putting it around the head. With a built-in rechargeable battery of 1500 mAh, it is highly efficient and useful which makes it a good buy.
- There is a Long press Function to easily switch it on and off with a 3 seconds timer for convenience.
- This headlamp has good quality LED chips that provide optimum brightness and are adjustable.
- From the viewpoint of ease of usage, it has Motion Sensors to adapt according to the situation.
- This Headlamp and comfortable design aimed at reducing heaviness and fatigue.
- It is Waterproof, having an IPX4 rating. So it can easily resist an accidental water spray.
- There are three lights, which can be used according to the need and has two modes as well.
- There is a battery indicator as well to keep you informed.
The Headlamp is of high quality and the company is an established one with good customer reviews. So, if you are not too tight on budget, definitely go for it!
5. Farride Rechargeable Headlamp
Last but not the least, on this list, is the Farride Rechargeable Headlamp. As the name suggests, it is USB rechargeable with a battery life of 5- 40 hours, depending on the mode which you are using. It also has another battery which is the 3 AAA battery. So you can easily go out for a whole day and not worry about its battery draining out.
This Headlamp has a good head-fitting headband that binds the head from above as well, allowing you the comfort of position.
A notable specialty in this headlamp is its adjustability. It can be adjusted by a rotation of 90° and in case of requirement 180° as well. This adds to the fact that you can rotate it any second you want any direction you wish.
- A Bright and High Lighting range for reduced stress on the eyes.
- It has 10 different modes for ease of usage.
- Motion Sensors for comfort.
- It is made of aluminum alloy and is environmentally friendly, with all proper certifications.
- Altogether, this headlamp is of good quality and has great customer reviews. So if you are looking for maybe a short-term simple product, you can go for it!
Buyers Guide To Buying Best Headlamp For Reading 2021
A Buyers Guide will help you determine the important factors which should be thoroughly checked before purchasing the Headlamp. The durability, ease of usage, weight, Quality, battery, Brightness, etc. all need to be checked and well-researched.
So read on and have a look at the deciding factors!
The first determining factor which you should keep in mind is the weight of the headlamp. Because you shall most probably be putting it around your head, so it should be light in weight.
A heavyweight headlamp may cause headaches and pain, so it is advisable to go with the lightweight ones.
USB / Battery Power
It is advantageous to have USB rechargeable headlamps so that they can be easily changed as and when the situation occurs. Rechargeable headlamps with good battery life are better in the longer run.
The battery should be weather resistant as well so that it doesn’t wear out in case of Cold weather. So, before purchasing, do good research on this factor, in case you ever get lost while camping.
There are several models which are laced with Reactive light technology. It helps them adjust the beam strength according to the needs and movements of the user and object.
It adjusts according to the distance of the book and the movements like turning a page and all, such that the eyes are not affected much. This is an important factor because the eyes are the most vital organ. So, to take care of them, find the headlamp which reduces the burden on the eyes.
Ideally, you should look for a headlamp that has a good balance between the brightness of the beam i.e its luminosity. This helps in easing the user by adjusting the brightness and dimness of the light.
This can help the user to read more comfortably with less strain on the eyes.
One more important factor is its safety from the viewpoint of kids. The self-locking feature, elastic headband, and optimal light brightness are all sensitive for a young kid.
So, you must keep it in mind to make sure that the headlamp is Kid-friendly or not.
Well, as is said, who makes the product determines the success of that product. So always choose from a good and reputed company which has high Product Quality standards.
The last but not the least factor to consider is Durability. How long will the Headlamp sustain and not wear out? Is the headlamp worth the investment you are making or not? How many hours? Chargeable or not?
These questions need to be answered by the durability and quality of the Headlamp you decide upon. Thus it is better to have a good and thorough understanding of what are your needs before going on a buying spree.
In the end, we can conclude that these five headlamps are the best in the market in terms of Weight, Durability, Brightness, and Price as well. But before giving you the green signal I would also want you to consider the Buyers Guide once. The Buyer’s guide and your needs specifically will ultimately decide which is the best one for you.
The most important factors to keep in mind are its weight and battery Life or Durability. How long it will work, and how heavy it is, portable or not, its ease of usage, etc. these factors play a big role in enhancing your Book reading experience.
Remember it is important to reduce the stress on the eyes and for that adequate lighting should be there. So, have a good and long look at these, determine your needs, weigh the pros and cons and then you are ready to place the order.
How bright Should my Headlamp be, put minimum stress on the eyes?
For reading purposes, the adequate luminosity of the Headlamp should be 100-150 Lumens. This will not put a strain on your eyes. While for other purposes like cycling or trekking, scrambling you can go for a more powerful beam with a luminosity of 300 lumens.
Why do some headlamps have red color lights?
The Red-lights are provided in a Headlamp for improving night vision, and decreasing the light signature in low-light areas.
A scientific reason behind this is that the stress on the eyelid is greater for the white and blue lights as compared to the one by Red light.
Generally, what are the Modes available in these headlamps?
For purpose of usage, there are three general modes, high, low, and medium. Then we have the higher and higher modes as well, where the brightness ranges above 700 lumens till 1200 lumens.
But, for reading, generally, we use the Lower mode with 100-150 Lumen brightness. While for trekking you can switch on the Medium mode and Spotting requires the high mode with a focused beam.